Friday, July 13, 2007

PAUL IN THE POLLS




Recently I received an email from some GOP group or another, the National Republican Senatorial Committee. I guess I didn't contact each and every Republikrat group and tell them to get stuffed when I got sick and tired of their big government, big spending, reduced freedom tickets. I was glad that this one slipped through the cracks, however. It was a straw poll just for, supposedly, the GOP faithful regarding their choice for a Republican Presidential candidate.




Really, I figured it was a lost cause among such a group, but out of my usual cantankerousness I tilted at the windmill and cast my ballot for Ron Paul. I was very pleasantly surprised when the results of the poll popped up. Fred Thompson, who still hasn't really "officially" declared, was running in first place, but good old Ron "Dr. No" Paul was in second place with a very nice showing. The "Big Three", the Rudy McRomney Show, the "Ted Kennedy Wing of the Republican party" that the GOP had hand-picked to serve to us were all half or less of Ron Paul's numbers!!! The Manchurian, or perhaps I should say the Michoacan Candidate, John McStain showed up in sixth place, nearly tied with Tom Tancredo, and finishing behind "Other".


I noticed in the fine print at the bottom that a new straw poll will be conducted after every Republican Presidential debate. This tells me that the mainstream media and GOP power-mongers are going to be moving heaven and hell to keep Ron Paul out of future debates. After all, what gives us (the people) the right to turn down the neatly-packaged "offerings" we have been presented with? As one wag I know put it, "I sure wouldn't want to be on an airplane with Ron Paul in the near future."



Keep the pressue on, people. We are making progress.






No comments: