Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hungry for Military History

If you're a regular reader of this blog you'll know that, in the past month, Bawb has written an awesome, articulate string of posts dealing with weapons, tactics and military history. Feeling a little left out, I wanted to show that I'm just as smart as Bawb and that I too have an encyclopedic knowledge of all things martial.

So I offer this, my thoroughly researched piece:

Ben's Top 10 Great Food-Related Military Leaders
10) Cap'n Crunch
9) Colonel Sanders
8) Orville Redenbacher (was a famous WWI American flying ace)
7) General Tso
6) Chef Emeril Lagasse (Marine infantry platoon leader during the battle of Hue City Vietnam, 1968. Seriously!)
5)Colonel Mustard
4)General Custard

Okay, I could only think of seven. And I had to make up the stuff about Emeril to even get that many. Nonetheless, I think it's a good start and Bawb assures me that I'm a "very special" little brother.

Will you be my friend?

8 comments:

Bawb said...

General Eggs Benedict Arnold?

Julius Caesar Salad?

General Tommy Franks & Beans?

General George Arthur French Toast?

And my favorite, not quite food related, but another British general who apparently drank too much every night and woke up with a (Brigadier David) Aikenhead.

Ben said...

I wish I had come up with all of those.

Anonymous said...

Sgt Pepper (became a Dr. after leaving the service)

Bawb said...

Oh, that one was clever. I like that.

Ben said...

Where else on the internet can you get such high-grade entertainment folks? Ben and Bawb's Blog is doing its part to fill the void in the shamefully under-served Orville Redenbacher/Eddie Rickenbacker joke market.

Sgt. Pepper was a good one too.

strandediniowa said...

What about Captain Morgan?

And I heard that Jim Beam and Jack Daniels were in the Kentucky militia but that Johnny Walker was kicked out because he failed the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy.

Is this a theme? I need a refill...

And Captain Kangaroo was in the Marines. He used his real name but he wasn't a real captain.

Dr. Pepper entry was good, but I wouldn't use it for a mixer. That reminds me, where's my refill?

Ben said...

Ha ha ha! I think we're all gonna need a drink.

Bawb said...

Oh my Aikenhead!